Saturdays: 11:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Next session: Date to be determined.
- Sattva Yoga Center, 22213 Michigan Ave., Dearborn, Michigan.
- To establish / enhance your personal practice and understanding of Yoga.
- Building upon the personal practice and learning the skills needed to serve as an instructor of Hatha Yoga.
- Sattva Yoga Center is a Registered Yoga School with the Yoga Alliance. The length of the training program is 250 hours. This meets and exceeds the RYT 200 standards set by the Yoga Alliance. Upon successful completion of the training (including the successful completion of a comprehensive final exam), a certificate will be issued.
- General review of the History and Traditions of Yoga.
- Philosophy of Yoga as outlined in the Yoga Sutra.
- Yama and Niyama: Exploring the necessary ethical practices required for bringing Yoga into everyday life.
- Introduction to Sanskrit, the language of Yoga.
- Introduction to Chanting in Sanskrit.
- Determining the current physical and mental constraints in one’s practice, and exploring ways of removing these constraints.
- The principles of vinyäsa.
- Detailed exploration of traditional äsanas (poses) with respect to natural alignment, energetic actions, risks, benefits, preparatory poses, counter-poses, variations, modifications, and use of props.
- Functional anatomy in relation to yoga.
- Practice of pränäyama (breath regulation) and Bandhas (energetic locks).
- Practice of kriya (cleansing actions).
- Study of the energetic body – chakra, nädi.
- The art of hands-on adjustments.
- Skills needed to teach multi-level classes.
- The art of sequencing and structuring a class - beginner and intermediate vinyäsa, and restorative.
- Class observations, and practice-teaching.
- The ethics of teaching.
- Business/professional topics.
- Establishing a Sitting Practice.
- The Heart of Yoga – T.K.V. Desikachar
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika – Translation by Swami Muktibodhananda
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – Translation by Swami Satchidananda
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga – Dave Coulter